|Since the first version of the SG Special in 1961, the Special has represented the combination of looks, functionality and value that is the hallmark of the SG series.
Two new colors enhance the Special's looks. Viewed from different angles, the Blue Teal Flip Flop finish changes color through the spectrum of blues and greens. The Platinum SG Special features a total monochrome look including Platinum headstock, brushed chrome hardware, silver (non-metallic) pickguard, and ebony fretboard minus the inlays.
- Body : Mahogany
- Neck/Profile : Mahogany/Rounded
- Fingerboard/Inlay : Rosewood/Dot, Ebony 22 frets/no inlay on Platinum
- Scale/Nut Width : 243/4"/111/16"
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Hardware : Chrome, Brushed Chrome on Platinum
- Pickups : Rhythm: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker, Treble: 490T Alnico magnet humbucker
- Controls : Two volume, two tone, three-way switch
- Strings : Brite Wires .010-.046